29 MARCH 2012
The above named committee met via tele-conference on the date indicated above, and the following members participated:
Co-Chairmen Jim Carper and Shane Evans, Kelly Jackson, Hank Thomas, Jay White and NCNGA Executive Director Adene Tyler.
The following members were unable to participate:
Greg Jenkins, John Henson, Kevin Hinton, Charles Jackson, and Tom Russell.
Co-Chairman Evans declared a quorum present and convened the meeting at 10:10 a.m. Upon motion committee minutes dated 1 Mar 12 were approved for the record.
Co-Chairman Evans stated that the agenda included issues from the last meeting that need to be resolved and updates on other information as follows:
- Registration update – 202 registered as of today; 29 signed up for Big “M” Casino; 31 signed up for Alabama Theatre; and 8 signed up for Legends in Concert.
- Bus transportation to Big “M” Casino. Discussed whether to proceed with procuring a bus since only 29 people have registered to attend. Evans stated he felt we should follow through on providing transportation since we published it would be provided. Members were asked to provide their thoughts on this and everyone was in agreement that we should provide transportation at this time. Tyler was instructed to reserve a bus and secure information regarding their cancellation policy. Tyler will email members on 6 April 12 with number registered for the casino trip.
- Ticket prices for individual attractions were published at group rates. Tyler to contact each venue to determine ticket prices if we do not have enough for group rate.
- SSG Ronda Csolak will sing the National Anthem. Kelly Jackson will determine her duty status to ensure everything is in compliance. Association will provide lunch for SSG Csolak. (It was also recommended that we give O’Charley’s gift cards to SSG Csolak and Tori McKoy, photographer.)
- Hotel has a US flag, but not a NC flag. Hank Thomas stated that he would bring a NC flag.
- Tori McKoy with the PAD has volunteered to be our photographer. (Charles Jackson and Beverly Bizzell have also agreed to share their photos.) Association will provide two nights lodging and subsistence to Ms. McKoy.
- Mary Kay will provide gift bags for spouses.
- Current exhibitor listing reviewed. (Kelly Jackson related that Darrell Johnson would set up exhibit table for Employment Readiness.)
- Rich Green, NGAUS Legislative Analyst and previous speaker for Saturday luncheon, has retired. Kevin McColaugh, NGAUS Army Programs Manager, will replace him.
- Listing of door prizes reviewed. We will need a minimum of 18.
- Convention Set-up Requirements briefly reviewed. Sgt-at-Arms Chairman and his assistants will primarily be involved with this; however, additional help might be needed during convention.
- The Convention Planning Committee will meet at the Marriott on Friday, 20 Apr 12 at 12:00 noon at the Association’s registration desk for a brief meeting.
The next meeting of the Convention Planning Committee is scheduled for Wednesday, 11 Apr 12 at 10:00 a.m., and will be conducted via-teleconference. Everyone is encouraged to participate in this meeting if at all possible.
There was no further business to come before the committee, and the meeting was adjourned at 10:50 a.m.
Adene Tyler, Executive Director