Our North Carolina National Guard Association is one of the oldest and largest military nonprofits in the Nation. We appreciate your continued support of our organization and the Soldiers, Airmen, Retirees and former Guard members we represent. Our Association strives to be the eyes, ears and voice of each of you throughout the State and Nation. Below is a listing of our membership benefits and a few of the accomplishments we have achieved over the past 12 months. As you can see, our Association continues to grow and our goal is to represent you in each and every decision.
Our core of 16,000 plus members is what makes our Association one of the strongest advocates in the Nation. Your support is vital to our mission and we hope you will continue to support your fellow members. There are several types of membership for you to consider, Annual Membership, Life Membership, and Insured Members. Please see more about these through this link ( www.ncnga.org/membership ).Your annual membership renewal of $15 helps provide the financial foundation for our operations and programs. On this page, you will also see the option to join as a Life Member of the Association, which includes additional benefits. We also offer the option to pay the Life Membership in installments upon request.
- Legislative representation on the Local, State and Federal level
- Membership qualifies you for our Life Insurance program which is paid within 1-2 business days
- Educational Foundation scholarships available for you and your dependents. Grandchildren of life members available
- New Enlistees are qualified for 1 free year of $10,000 life insurance coverage.
- Every Activly Serving NCNG Soldier and Airmen member receives $1,000 of free life insurance coverage
- Tarheel Guardsman magazine
- Members enjoy a multitude of discounts listed here (http://ncnga.org/discount-programs/)
- Networking with Veterans, current Soldiers and Airmen and our National Guard leadership team
- Special events including our Annual Convention and NCNG Retiree Homecoming
- Weekly Guardsman electronic newsletter
We are proud to offer several different types insurance through the NCNGA. Our insurance programs help sustain all that the NCNGA does for you while you are taking care of your family. Additionally, NCNGA membership is free if you participate in the Group term insurance program. Read more…
The NCNGA Annual Convention is a grand event you don’t want to miss. Here you will thoroughly enjoy yourself as you reconnect with your lifelong friends and build camaraderie. This is also where you organize to share ideas, voice your opinions, and vote for the leaders who will be steering your Association this year. Read more…
Share your pride and be recognized your community as a North Carolina National Guard Service Member. Active members of the NC National Guard are entitled, under the provisions of General Statute 20-79.4, to a distinctive National Guard Automobile License Plate after payment of necessary licensing and registration fees. Under the provision of General Statute 20-79.7, only the registration fee is required. Read more…
The North Carolina National Guard Association Educational Foundation, Inc., was established in 1968 for the purpose of providing scholarships to students for study at accredited learning institutions. This purpose serves as the motivating force behind every aspect of this Foundation. Read more…
Are you looking for bargains? The NCNGA works hard to find and negotiate discounts to save you money! You will find deals on lodging, car rentals, and theme parks such as Carowinds, Kings Dominion and more. Check it out and take advantage of the opportunities! Read more…
The Tarheel Guardsman magazine has captured over 30 years of North Carolina National Guard heritage and has become a publication near and dear to many Guardsmen of North Carolina. The Tarheel Guardsman magazine captures your history, your accomplishments, your memories, and it keeps you informed of the latest events. The Tarheel Guardsman Magazine is all about the great things you do! Be sure to check out our previous editions. Read more…
NCNGA Recent Accomplishments
- Successful transition of merged committees including (Legislative, Communications, Finance, Convention, Membership, Headquaters)
- Hosted another successful State Legislative breakfast in May 2016 and changed the event to a luncheon in February 2017. This year’s attendance from Senators and House members more than tripled over the past year. Both events were held a few weeks after the opening of the General Assembly.
- NCNGA Representatives made door-to-door visits in Washington, DC to all our US Representatives and Senators and hosted a reception for them at NGAUS Headquarters in the Spring.
- NCNGA hosted a reception for our elected officials at the Capital after the State of the State presentation in the Fall.
- Coordinated the Convention transition from a Combined event to a NCNGA only event. Surpassed last year’s sponsorship goal and participation from vendors.
- Supported the Membership & Benefits committee by soliciting a comprehensive listing of potential partners and programs for benefit enhancement to the organization.
- Implemented new benefits including, Tickets at Work and Hotel Storm discount programs.
- Completed significant renovations at NCNGA Headquarters including siding, retention wall, restrooms etc.
- Consistently renegotiation of contract services to find cost savings
- Our Tarheel Guardsman magazine is mailed to over 14,000 members 6 times a year (85,000 annually).
- Began a quarterly webinar free for our members with NC Legal Aid. Sessions included Vet benefits, legal advice for housing and divorce etc.
- Built and continue to grow a database of companies and potential sponsors of over 5,000+
- Hosted our annual membership drive campaign and Technicians Disability Insurance Open Enrollment Campaigns
- Social media management. Our Facebook page alone has surpassed 6,000 likes. We secure that new content on FB, Linkedin, Twitter etc. is new and keeping our members informed
- Weekly Guardsman Electronic Newsletter content distribution and promotion to almost 6,000 members email addresses each week (312,000 annually).
- Successful lobbying efforts for increasing the pension fund base to leverage for an increase this year. (The prior 2 years we lead the efforts for a back to back increase)
- The NCNGA presented our annual Legislative award to Senator Tillman this year
- Development and expansion of Unit Rep Workshops across the State. We are now hosting an Eastern and Western Carolina training to boost participation. We also participate at SRP’s, Health Fairs and Yellow Ribbon Events.
- Our Executive Director represents our Association on various boards and committees including North Carolina Retirement Systems Division Council, North Carolina Defense Business Association and the NC Nonprofits Council etc. He was also recently elected to the NGAUS Trust Board.
- Our Executive Director continues to make visits to our Armories across the State to meet, listen and learn about issues affecting our members.
- The NCNGA successfully won the bid to host the 2021 NGAUS Convention in Charlotte.
- Our fundraising efforts included our online store, auction, 3rd party events, Friends of the Guard program, etc.
- Our NCNGA Committees/Staff coordinate our efforts with NGEDA, NGAUS & EANGUS.
- Our Executive Director has been asked to serve as Chair of the NGEDA Corporate Relations Committee.
- Assisted our NGAUS chair in retaining 100% membership
- EANGUS Tarheel Guardsman award.
- Hosted our annual booth at the NC State Fair, which helped to boost annual and life memberships as well as speak with our members and raise funds through a raffle.
- Council voted to approve the renovation of the lower level of NCNGA Headquarters to host the school ProTrain, where we will help to guide which classes are offered.
- Hosted various membership surveys throughout the year.
- Approval from Secretary of State for the incorporation of our new 501-(c)3 the Tarheel Minuteman Foundation
- Katie Westbrooks is now a Notary Public and offers free services to our membership.