Thinking About Your Future and Your Financial Needs?
We are proud to offer several different types insurance through the NCNGA. Our insurance programs help sustain all that the NCNGA does for you while you are taking care of your family. Additionally, NCNGA membership is free if you participate in the Group term insurance program.
The North Carolina National Guard Association offers the following life insurance options:
A Group Term Policy for Active Guard members
A Whole Life Policy for Active or Separated Guard members
NCNGA Group Term Policy for Active Members:
Need to update your beneficiary for your NCNGA life insurance? Click Here for the form you will need to complete and return.
A Whole Life Policy for Active or Separated Guard Members and/or their families:
- Available for up to Age 75
- Up to $100,000 in Coverage (Max of $75,000 for ages 66-75)
- Child Riders (Age 15 Days – 21/23 Years)
- No War or Aviation Exclusions
- Spouse Policies available
- Dependent Policies available (Ages 18+)
- Premiums and coverage are level for the duration of the policy
- Builds cash value
- Convenient Monthly Bank Draft
- For more information on this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Enlistees enjoy a free one year NCNGA Membership when they complete the free Insurance policy application.
All currently serving members of the North Carolina National Guard are automatically covered with a FREE $1,000 NCNGA Life Insurance policy. Effective until you are no longer in the NC National Guard.
Must apply within 30 days of employment or during the Open Enrollment period.
- The Disability Insurance Plan— Protection when you are unable to work due to a disability.
- Who’s Eligible: Only Army/Air Federal Technicians are eligible for this plan. If you are terminated from your job as a Technician by the National Guard due to medical reasons, or failing the National Guard physical exam, you may receive a lump sum payment equal to two monthly payments of the Basic Disability Plan even though you may not be disabled. You may receive a reduced disability benefit during your rehabilitation if you are able to work part-time through an approved rehabilitation program. Disability due to pregnancy is covered.
- Coverage Amounts/Limits: There are two parts –
- Part I– The basic plan pays up to $1,100 in basic monthly benefits after 30 continuous days of disability (as defined in the Certificate of Insurance) and may continue for as long as 10 years (for an accident) or 3 years (for an illness).
- Part IIis optional supplemental coverage and benefits begin after 60 days of continuous disability (if you are under 40) or after 90 days of continuous disability (if you are age 40 or over) and may continue as long as 10 years (for an accidental injury) and up to 3 years (for an illness). Subject to the terms of the policy. You may keep this coverage to age 60 as long as you remain a Technician and the premiums are paid on time. The Master Policy must be in effect.
- Enrollment Fee/Discount: Rates are based on bi-weekly payroll deductions. Download the form here: Technicians Insurance Form
- See more at: Technician’s Insurance