Welcome to the new North Carolina National Guard web page for National Guard Association of the United States information on membership, awards, and the annual NGAUS General Conference.
The National Guard Association of the United States is the nation’s oldest military association lobbying solely for the benefit of the National Guard of the United States and educating the public about the Guard’s role and history in the Armed Forces of the United States. It was formed by militia officers in 1878 to obtain better equipment and training by petitioning Congress for more resources. NGAUS is associated with NCNGA, however, NCNGA’s lobbying effort is primarily focused at the state level. Recent NGAUS-backed efforts are aimed at blocking the transfer of Apache helicopters from the Army National Guard to the Active Army and legislation to conduct a comprehensive study to evaluate the structure of the Total Army prior to other proposed cuts.
- Please submit all applications and dues for annual membership through your unit’s NGAUS representative
- The Professional Military Associations Memorandum describes many of the benefits of NGAUS membership along with the FY2017 dues structure by rank
- First Year Annual Memberships are free for all officers, regardless of rank, if you are in your first year of service in the National Guard and have not previously received a free annual membership
- Active Lifetime Membership is $1000, payable in 4 installments of $250 over 2 years.
- Application for NGAUS Retired Life Membership is only a one-time payment of $125
- Separated Annual Membership: $45
- Associate Membership is also available to Enlisted National Guard Members or Non-Military Guard Supporters: $45 annual dues or a $500 one-time fee for Life Membership
AWARDS: If you know an organization or individual deserving recognition for service or a specific act, they may be eligible for a NGAUS Award. Please visit NGAUS Awards Program for more information. NGAUS Awards nominations are due to the Point of Contact below no later than 15 April.
ANNUAL NGAUS GENERAL CONFERENCE