NCNGA STANDING COMMITTEES-2012-2013
To give you a better understanding of what each NCNGA committee is responsible for, we have devised a brief synopsis of each, which is listed below:
- Articles & By-Laws Committee – To counsel the President and Executive Council on all matters pertaining to the constitutional documents of the Association. To review any proposed amendments to the By-Laws and prepare such amendments in the proper language.
- Benefits Committee – To develop, devise, and recommend new benefit programs for the members of the Association.
- Communication Committee– To recommend policies and programs with respect to editorial, business, advertising, circulation and promotional aspects of the magazine. Committee is also responsible for web site.
- EANGUS Liaison Committee – To coordinate activities between the Enlisted Association National Guard of the United States and its members in the NCNGA. Encourage and solicit membership in EANGUS.
- Finance Committee – To counsel the Executive Council on all matters pertaining to the finances of the Association. Prepare and recommend the budget of the Association in sections relating to general administration.
- Headquarters & Employees Committee– To oversee and supervise all matters pertaining to the headquarters and employee benefit programs. Also responsible for the proper management of the headquarters building.
- Legislative & Resolutions Committee – To develop and recommend to the Executive Council the legislative policy of the Association and to draft proposed legislative bills as appropriate.
- Membership Committee – To manage a continuing membership drive for the purpose of enlarging and expanding the membership of the Association.
- Nominating & Credentials Committee – To actively recruit qualified nominees for the various vacancies on the Executive Council. Rule on the credentials of each delegate attending the annual meeting and cause official ballots to be prepared/counted and report the results to the delegation at the request of the President.
- Time & Place Committee – To counsel the Executive Council on matters pertaining to time and place of the annual meeting of the Association and submit to the Association at its annual meetings, its recommendation as to time and place of the annual meeting three years following the meeting at which the report is made.
* * * * * * * * * *
Several committees have mandatory requirements for committee membership and all committees require that you attend a majority of all duly called meetings in order to remain an active member of that committee. Budget restrictions dictate limiting the number of members on each committee; therefore, we are unable to place every member that wants to serve on a committee. However, every effort will be made to accommodate your request.
The majority of all called meetings are usually held at the NCNGA Headquarters in Raleigh. These meetings are held during the day, usually at 12:30 p.m. and last one to three hours, depending upon the amount of work to be done. Members are reimbursed for meals and mileage from their HOR to the meeting site and return.
If you are interested in participating on a committee this year, please fill out the following information below and forward to the NCNGA Headquarters, 74l0 Chapel Hill Road, Raleigh, NC 27607, no later than 30 April 2012.