Chartered in February of 1960, the North Carolina National Guard Association (NCNGA) is a tax-exempt, nonprofit corporation governed by an elected Executive Council whose members are voted in annually.
The objective of the NCNGA is to seek and support programs that are beneficial to the members of the North Carolina National Guard. The Association also promotes the public relations with North Carolina Army and Air National Guard and their communities while developing friendship, understanding, and cooperation between the active armed forces and all reserve components. The general membership is comprised of current and former members of the North Carolina National Guard. Current Association Membership is over 16,000.
Click here to join: http://ncnga.org/membership/
MISSION: The NC National Guard Association garners support for the NC National Guard’s role in state and national security, and improves its members’ quality of life.
VISION: Be the most effective and relevant National Guard association.
Responsive – Timely reaction to members’ needs
Engaged – Actively involved in key issues
Loyal – devoted to members
Inclusive – Leverage diversity
Maximize Membership – Everyone has a voice. Everyone is included.
Increase Participation – A holistic plan to getting engagement at all levels.
Strengthen Financial Stability – Long term ability to support our organizational goals and objectives.
Extend the Influence – The association is able to deliver results when needed.
Improve the Quality of Life – Continuously communicate and increase benefits.
- Increase in the State Pension Program (2 years in a row)
- State Employee Credit Union Qualification
- Life Insurance Program
- Tuition Assistance Program totaling $1,145,670 have been awarded to 1,657 members of our National Guard family since 1968
- State License Plate
- Strong relationships and influence with Local, State and Federal Lawmakers
- Fulltime staff dedicated to your success
- Helping to protect the Guard from State and Federal cuts
- Protecting our history and heritage
- Recognition awards for membership and key supporters
- Lead the initiative to add a Guard representative on the North Carolina Military Affairs Commission
- Legislative representation on the Local, State and Federal level
- Membership qualifies you for our Life Insurance program which is paid within 24-48 hours
- Educational Foundation scholarships available for your children and grandchildren
- First year life insurance coverage qualification
- Every NCNG member receives $1000 of free insurance coverage
- Tarheel Guardsman magazine
- Members only discount access to travel, cell phone service, eye wear, retail and much more
- Networking with Veterans, current Soldiers and our National Guard leadership team
- Special events including our Annual Convention and Retiree breakfast
- Weekly Guardsman newsletter bulletin
NCNGA 101: NCNGA 101
NCNGA Brochure: Benefits Brochure