Wednesday November 9: “Hire a veteran” event at WakeTech Student Services Building, second floor conference center, 9101 Fayetteville Road, from 10 am – 3 pm. For veterans only. Sponsored by the Employment Security Commission. Contact Houston Campbell at 919-212-3849 x238 for more information.
From Andy Ladner, US Veterans Corps (919-771-4264) Get involved!
- Wednesday, November 16: Wounded Warrior Battalion East Luncheon hosted by The USVC and Purple Heart Homes. This event will be held at Camp Lejeune, NC from 11:30am – 1pm for 150 wounded Marines and 1 Navy Seal. If you would like to go a help serve or donate a giveaway please contact Andy asap.
- Saturday, December 3: Toys For Lil Troops Event hosted by the USVC and Renaissance Park. This event will be held at Renaissance Park in Raleigh from 11am – 1pm. Please bring a new unwrapped toy. I heard that Renaissance Park is making a military coin for this event. More to follow.
- Saturday, December 10: Wreaths Across America has asked the USVC of North Carolina, USVC of Greater DC, and other volunteers across the country to help lay wreaths at Arlington Cemetery around 8:30am. We do have a room rate of $39 at the Double Tree in Annapolis. Also if you have a military id you can stay at Bolling Air Force Base for around $42. Please RSVP ASAP.
- November & December: Toys For Tots. We are waiting for routes from the Marines and times to work in the warehouse. More to follow.
- Thursday, January 19: Change of Command Ceremony and Private Screening of Just Serve (TV Show Pilot we were in). This event will be held at the Governors Mansion with a few surprise guest. We will also present the Veteran of the Year and a few other specialty awards. Invitations will come from the Governors Office.
North Carolina Central University and Duke University’s AFROTC POW/MIA Ceremony. The ceremony will be held on November 11, 2011 at 5:00pm at Duke’s Chapel. They would love to have you and your members attend this lovely ceremony. Just simply show up and take time to remember our past with them.
World Overcomers Church of Durham will be providing Thanksgiving Meal Baskets to residents of Southeast Raleigh. Any veterans living in that area who would like a meal basket need to let Randy Marsh know soon so he can register them. He can register up to 10 families.
Randy Marsh Chair Military and Veterans Resource Coalition 919-267-3690 ext 3 firstname.lastname@example.org MVRC on Facebook