We hope everyone is having a great week and ready for the weekend ahead. Last week we accomplished a lot in the House of Representatives. Our House Bill 558 passed unanimously by the vote of 114 – 0. This legislation focuses on adding a permanent National Guard representative as a voting member to the NC Military Affairs Commission securing that we have a strong voice for the National Guard for years to come. Our task now is to find sponsors on the Senate side to follow the same process and make it law. We are also working diligently on our other initiatives to increase the pension and to offer tuition waivers for our soldiers and airmen. Stay tuned for action alerts about sending letters and making calls to your lawmakers. Be sure you have signed up for these alerts online at www.ncnga.org
Below are some additional updates of what we’re working on for you our members:
- Checkout the newly designed online store at ncnga-store.com to order shirts jackets and more with your unit and the NCNGA logo’s just in time for Mother’s and Father’s Day.
- We just hit 1000 surveys completed about our benefits!!! We will use this info to help evaluate our current benefits and help guide us in developing more benefits. You still have time to complete the survey online at http://www.ncnga.org/benefits-survey-2/
- We have recently developed a partnership with Tickets at Work. This partnership greatly expands our travel discounts and offers even more great deals. One family recently went to Universal Studio’s in Florida and not only did they save $26 per ticket but every ticket received a $25 food voucher!! Contact NCNGA to find out how to get this offer.
- The NCNGA Educational Foundation is hosting its annual Minuteman Muster on May 16, 2015. Come out and share your support. The Foundation recently awarded over 40 scholarships and your support at events like this make all the difference. Click here to signup http://www.minutemanmuster.org/
- Our Facebook page has more than doubled over the past year to 3000+ friends. If you haven’t joined click here https://www.facebook.com/NCNGA . Also join us on Twitter, Linkedin and Instantgram by clicking here http://ncnga.org/media/
- Golden Corral is one of our NCNGA Corporate members and we wanted to help them promote their Camp Corral. This program is free to the children of wounded, disabled or fallen military members. Visit www.campcorral.org for more details.
- You have just one more week to sign up for our Technicians Disability Insurance open enrollment period. This is a great program at a great rate which will help secure you and your family’s future. This policy is endorsed by NGAUS. To find out more visit http://ncnga.org/insurance-2
Stay tuned for even more opportunities from your NCNGA….